Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) is a fully managed Kubernetes container orchestration service provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS). It allows users to deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications using Kubernetes, an open-source container orchestration platform.
With Amazon EKS, users can easily create Kubernetes clusters and run containerized applications on AWS infrastructure. EKS takes care of the underlying Kubernetes management tasks, such as server provisioning, setup, and maintenance, allowing users to focus on developing and deploying their applications.
Key features of Amazon EKS include:
- Kubernetes Compatibility: EKS is fully compatible with the Kubernetes API, which means users can use existing Kubernetes tools and plugins without modification.
- High Availability: EKS automatically manages the master nodes of the Kubernetes cluster across multiple Availability Zones, ensuring high availability and fault tolerance.
- Security: EKS provides integration with AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for controlling access to the Kubernetes API and resources.
- Scalability: EKS allows users to scale their applications easily by adding or removing worker nodes to meet changing demands.
- Monitoring and Logging: EKS integrates with AWS CloudWatch and AWS CloudTrail to provide monitoring and logging capabilities for the Kubernetes cluster.
Briefly, Amazon EKS is a fully managed Kubernetes service that simplifies the deployment and management of containerized applications. It provides a reliable, scalable, and secure platform for running Kubernetes workloads on AWS infrastructure.